The instant messaging application known as WhatsApp is one of the most used applications in the world. According to the latest census published by State of Digital, the country with the largest number of active WhatsApp users is India, with 390 million; followed by Brazil, with 108 million; USA with 75 million; Indonesia with 69 million; Russia with 65 million; and Mexico with 63 million.
Due to how indispensable this application has become, when users do not have mobile data or a Wi-Fi network available, they have wondered how to keep this function active on their smartphones. Here we tell you how to use WhatsApp without networks in five steps:
- The first thing you have to do is open the WhatsApp application on your cell phone
- Search for the “Settings” option or, where appropriate, “Configuration”
- Then select the “Data storage” option and choose “Proxy”
- For the next step, it is necessary to activate the “Proxy” option; enter the address of the “Proxy”
- Finally, just press the “Save” option
To obtain the Proxy address of a device, it is necessary to go to the menu of your computer in order to find that address that will act as an intermediary between the network connection and your mobile device. The Proxy address will indirectly connect you to the Internet through a network of computers.
In case you have an Apple brand computer, follow these steps:
- Go to “System Preferences”
- Click on “Network” or “Networks”
- Click on “Advanced”
- Select the “Proxy” window to verify your address
- Check the Proxy you use and enter it in the section of your mobile phone