Even though he summer schedule disappeared in 2023 with the publication of The Time Zone Lawsome municipalities in five border states will maintain this custom of setting their clocks back or forward one hour.
It should be noted that last weekend, many cell phones They modified their schedules automaticallya, which caused confusion thinking it was one hour earlier what was.
However, according to said law, 36 are the municipalities that turn their clocks back today, Sunday, November 5; leaving aside the summer schedule and giving way to seasonal schedule or winter.
“Only a seasonal schedule will be applied to the states and municipalities of the northern border, in accordance with the provisions of the second chapter of this Law.”refers to article 4 of the Time Zone Law.
IT MAY INTEREST YOU: Time change 2023: Which states will adjust their clocks this November?
Coahuila, Nuevo León, Tamaulipas, Chihuahua and Baja California are the states where some municipalities they changed their schedulesbecause they share territory in the Northern border with the United States.
This is done because the municipalities have constant contact with the American nationwhere daylight saving time continues to apply.
HOW DO I KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS?
To be more accurate about what time it is in the state where you live, you can consult the website of the National Metrology Center (Cenam). Or you can also check the official time on the following telephone numbers:
– (442) 211 05 05 Time of Southeast (Quintana Roo)
– (442) 211 05 06 Time of Center (Aguascalientes; Campeche; Coahuila; Colima; Chiapas; Chihuahua; Mexico City; Durango; Guanajuato; Guerrero; Hidalgo; Jalisco; State of Mexico; Michoacán; Morelos; Nuevo León; Oaxaca; Puebla; Querétaro; San Luis Potosí; Tabasco; Tamaulipas; Tlaxcala; Veracruz; Yucatán; and Zacatecas)
– (442) 211 05 07 Time of Peaceful (Baja California Sur; Nayarit; Sinaloa; Sonora)
– (442) 211 05 08 Time of Northwest (Baja California)
IT MAY INTEREST YOU: Seasonal Schedule 2023: In which municipalities of Coahuila does it apply?
WHICH ARE THE BORDER MUNICIPALITIES WHERE THERE WAS A SCHEDULE CHANGE?
In conclusion, only 36 municipalities that They share a border with the United Statesthey turned their clocks back due to the winter time change, which are:
– Coahuila: Acuña, Allende, Guerrero, Hidalgo, Jiménez, Morelos, Nava, Ocampo, Piedras Negras, Villa Unión and Zaragoza.
– New Lion: Anahuac.
– Tamaulipas: Nuevo Laredo, Guerrero, Mier, Miguel Alemán, Camargo, Gustavo Díaz Ordaz, Reynosa, Río Bravo, Valle Hermoso and Matamoros.
– Chihuahua: Juárez, Coyame del Sotol, Ojinaga, Manuel Benavides, Janos, Ascensión, Praxedis G. Guerrero and Guadalupe.
– Baja California: Ensenada, Mexicali, Rosarito Beaches, San Quintin, Tecate and Tijuana; that is, all its municipalities.
Emphasizing that they will be the same as the next one March 10, 2024 turn your clocks forward one hour, to continue with the seasonal schedule.