GlobalThe Princess of Wales appears in a photo after her surgery amid...

The Princess of Wales appears in a photo after her surgery amid speculation about her whereabouts

The first photo of Catherine, Princess of Wales, since her abdominal surgery almost two months ago was published on Sunday, along with a statement thanking people for their support.

The photo, in which she appears sitting in a chair surrounded by her three children, was attributed to her husband, William, the Prince of Wales and heir to the throne of England, and was said to have been taken that week in Windsor.

“Thank you for your kind wishes and continued support over the past two months,” Catalina said on social media. “I wish everyone a happy Mother’s Day.”

Mother’s Day was celebrated on Sunday in the United Kingdom.

The publication followed weeks of great speculation on social networks about her whereabouts since she left the hospital on January 29 after almost two weeks admitted for pre-scheduled surgery. She hadn’t been seen in public since Christmas.

The royal family has come under more scrutiny than usual in recent weeks as both Catherine and King Charles III are unable to carry out their usual public duties due to health problems.

Crown officials said Charles is undergoing treatment for an unspecified form of cancer, discovered during surgery for an enlarged prostate. The monarch has canceled all his public events during treatment, although he has been photographed walking to church and in private meetings with dignitaries and members of the government.

Catherine, 42, underwent surgery on January 16 and her condition and the reason for the surgery have not been revealed, although Kensington Palace, Prince William and Catherine’s office have said it was not related to cancer.

Although at first the palace said that it would only give significant reports and that the princess would not resume her official agenda before Easter – which this year is March 31 -, last month it issued another statement amidst the rumors and conspiracy theories, in the one who indicated that he was fine and referred to the previous statement.

“Kensington Palace made clear in January the timeline for the princess’s recovery and that we would only convey significant developments,” the palace said on February 29. “Those indications remain in place.”

At the time, crown staff told The Sun newspaper that “we have seen the madness on social networks and that is not going to change our strategy. “There has been a lot on social media, but the princess has the right to privacy and asks the public to respect that.”

Doubts increased last week when the British military appeared to rush into announcing that Catherine would attend a Salute to the Flag ceremony in June, apparently without consulting palace staff.

The appearance would have been her first major official event since the surgery, but Kensington Palace did not confirm any public appearance by Catherine. It is palace staff, and not government departments, who announce and confirm the attendance of members of the royal family at events.

The military later removed any reference to his assistance.

British media indicated that the military had not sought permission from Kensington Palace before publishing details of Catherine’s attendance in June, and announced the appointment based on expectations that the princess, in her role as colonel of the Irish Guards, would inspect the troops at the annual military ceremony.

Daily Global Times
Daily Global Timeshttps://dailyglobaltimes.com
Daily Global Times provides the latest news from India and around the world. Read the latest headlines and news stories, from Politics, Entertainment, Tech and more.

Related Article

Editors Picks