Acapulco.- The number of people killed by “Otis” in Acapulco, Guerrero, was 47 and 59 more were not located, the National Civil Protection Coordination (CNPC) updated this Saturday.
“By the government of Guerrero, according to the Attorney General’s Office of Guerrero, 47 people have died, 59 not located,” reported this Saturday the head of the National Civil Protection Coordination, Laura Velázquez.
In presenting the progress report of the reconstruction phase, the head of the CNPC, Laura Velázquez indicated that together with the Secretary of the Navy, an Incident Command System was created through the Administration of the National Port System (Asipona) that continues with the reconnaissance of the terrain through drones; search and rescue of people by land and water, and the recovery of bodies.
In this regard, he indicated that the work has led to the recovery of 11 bodies and 14 recovered boats.
The official also reported that the Federal Electricity Commission (CFE) reported a progress of 99 percent in the restoration of electrical energy and that a large part of Acapulco, close to the coastal area, already has the supply of drinking water to through drilling or conduction lines.
“With regard to the National Water Commission, there are 152 pipes (from Conagua, Sedena, State and municipal governments) and the current flow is 2,100 liters per second, there are 17 water treatment plants,” he explained.
“So far one million 874 thousand 400 liters of water have been distributed to the population, in this map that I hope is now visible to all of you, we can see in green, it is all that has been supplied with drinking water online of conduction and testing, and in cherry color with the supply of drinking water only by testing,” he highlighted.
The Secretary of Economy, Raquel Buenrostro, said for her part that as long as the electricity service is not restored, the population will be provided with food supplies with non-perishable products.
“A basic basket with 24 food products will be delivered to 250 thousand families for 3 months, which implies the distribution of 3 million basic baskets in order to make this delivery as quickly as possible and considering that in some places it has not yet been restored. electricity, the first basic baskets will not have some fresh products such as meat or some vegetables and therefore will be replaced by canned foods,” said Buenrostro.
“We have estimated approximately two weeks to stabilize deliveries and migrate everything to baskets with perishable items or fresh items,” he confided.